Linggo, Abril 15, 2012

Look Papa, I finally made it!

Seeing my toga hanged, I recall the many hardships I’ve been through before this moment to finally become a reality. The many painful memories that made me stronger and molded me to become a better person.  I’m not an emotional person and I don’t like sharing my emotions to other people but this is an exception to my rule. I want to share how proud and happy I am that I made it. It’s not a smooth flow, it is more of a mountain climbing adventure, I don’t know where I am going nor will I reach the summit. What’s for sure is, I have a dear compass and that’s my parents.
                My parents are my lucky charm. They always believe in me. Sometimes, they do not explicitly show but actions speak louder than words. I am positive to that. Ever since I was young, my dream is to become an honor student to be able to give back to them. I want to see them all smiling and proud. There is no enough words to describe the emotion. Excelling is not really my plan but when I see how they strive to give me my needs, making my projects (yes, my mother made them when I was elementary) and coming to school to tell my teacher I am sick has given me the drive. Until college, even though they do not like the idea of me being in the faraway place. Even though they do not understand my decision to be away and study in MSU, they support me all the way.
                My father died when I was still third year college. Very painful is not enough word to describe how I feel. I pursue my studies because I want them to be out of poverty. But when I lose my father, I feel I lost one wing. It is so hard to fly again. But when I remember his last words telling me to study hard and graduate, it gives me strength to hold on to my dream. I still have my mother to love and take good care of.
                Now that I finally reach perhaps the summit, I want to tell my father “look papa, I finally made it, I hope you are proud of me”. The long road you wish me to succeed has finally happen. I have a degree. I hope that you are proud of me. I am not the perfect child but I did everything to be the best child you would love to have. #
Did you lose your father as well?
Tell your story and give a comment!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento