Biyernes, Agosto 31, 2012

My Daily Diary: Experiencing Earthquake

Indonesia and the Philippines lie on the Pacific ring of fire, a zone of frequent earthquakes and volcanic eruption
Photo was taken in ph.news.yahoo.com. Credits to the owner of the photo.

For 21 years of my life, I’ve had experience a lot of natural calamities. It may be earthquake, flood and drought. I had my composure and focus intact. But, last night’s earthquake is different. I was watching television together with my landlady’s daughter when it occurred. We were busy talking about the movie. The rain is pouring hard, thunders and lighting rules the sky. I am not in a familiar territory, I just moved in a month ago. The earthquake started slow, and then it becomes fast. The house is shaking. I can’t think fast, after 10 seconds, the lights went out. I panicked. I started praying. It is the only weapon I know that can counter my fear. My landlady’s daughter keeps on asking me what to do. I just said lets go out. She wants to hide in one of the chairs. I insisted in going out. When I opened the door, the hard pouring rain struck me. We remained in the door. The earthquake lasted more than a minute. It was an unforgettable experience.
The earthquake according to reports is intensity five (5). The quake left one (1) person dead, some trapped, buildings and roads turned. After the incident, I realize we can never hide from these calamities and even fully prepared. They don’t have patterns. They just came at most unexpected time. All we can do is to fully trust God’s moving and guidance. Let’s have faith that everything happens for a reason. We Filipinos are strong. We can make it through. It is just a challenge each Filipino needs to face and surpass. Aja!


CHS!
What can you say about the earthquake?
Leave a comment!


Credits to the photo owner!

2 komento:

  1. Where are you, Claire? I'm glad you're ok. Fortunately, we didn;t feel the earthquake here in Metro Manila or was it just me? I only read about it in the news today.

    TumugonBurahin