Martes, Agosto 21, 2012

My Daily Diary: Going to the Dentist



Ever since I was young, I am really afraid of going to the dentist. I have this idea that they will hurt me because I did not take good care of my teeth so I go on with my life not minding going to them. So now, that I am a grown up, I never thought that it would affect me big time.
 I applied for a job and luckily pass. I was given the requirements and one of the requirements is to have dental check up and oral prophylaxis. I got stunned. Suddenly, I have the feeling of withdrawing my application. For three day, I was carefully thinking my actions. To withdraw or not. The job is enticing, I am a fresh graduate and I cannot easily land a job. That’s my first point, not to withdraw. Second is the dentist thing, what if the dentist will suddenly tell me there is something wrong (I don’t know what prophylaxis back then) and the budget thing. It scares me. Second point, to withdraw. My mind is very determined to withdraw. I already got myself to withdraw. But suddenly, my mom came and told me I should pursue it. I saw in her eyes the joy and excitement. I never thought I could get a lot of courage from her. I pursued and everything changed.
I waited for two hours before the dentist arrived. The place is cozy, painted with lavender color is the receiving area. There are lots of magazines. My heart is literally thumbing very fast. A lot of ideas are running through my mind. Many of those are what ifs. I stand my ground; I am doing it for my mother. The dentist came. I’m thankful that the dentist is very approachable. She explained to me everything. Step by step, I took a deep breath. I’m already sure; I’m on the right track. When the prophylaxis started, she keeps on telling me stories to divert me from what she is doing. She has a very soft tone. I got easily comfortable.
The prophylaxis ended. I feel so clean and free. I have conquered my fear.

CHS!


Are you afraid of going to the dentist too?
Tell your story here!
Comments are very much appreciated.

Credits to the owner of the photo.. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento