Huwebes, Agosto 30, 2012

Movie Review: The Healing




Watching horror movies is something I like to do. I love watching local and foreign horror movies and try to complain there impact to me. For me, horror movies is one of the hardest to do since it should have full  package- the story (which is very important), sound effects, the artist behind, location and of course the director. If it has the right combination, that horror movie would be a sure hit. Talking about right combination, “The Healing” came to the scene.
            The Healing top bills Star for All Season Vilma Santos and Kim Chui. It gives a glimpse of science versus faith. It tackles about faith healers. The story evolves on what happened after The Healing occurred and the mysterious violent death that they faced. As the story progresses, it shows the struggles the struggles of Vilma’s character to stop the violent killings.
            For the review, I like the movie. It is not very scary for me since I do not get scared easily. I like the balance of the story- it has heart thumbing, fun and dramatic scenes. The story makes me want to watch it since it is not the usual horror movie. It is the first movie I saw that tackles about doppelganger. The sequencing of the movie as well is not redundant except that for most of the movies directed by Chito Rono like Sukob and Feng Shui the supporting characters die one by one. I really like the character of Vilma’s father –a neutralizer. The raven is a shocker to the viewers.
            Over all, the movie is great is great. It is a must watch. The casting is good. Nice one Star Cinema! Congrats to the cast.

Credits to the owner of the picture.

CHS!
Did you watch The Healing?
Did it scare you?
Share here!

Leave a comment!


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento